Technology Engineer Sr. ( DataPower)
Employment Type: Full-Time
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
As a Technology Engineer Sr. within PNC’s Security Architecture & Engineering organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Columbus, OH, or Strongsville, Ohio. Remote work will be considered for a well-qualified candidate.
The Technology Engineer Sr. should possess technical hands-on expertise with DataPower.
• Experience working with various service related functions such as APIs, SOA, web services, application messaging requirements, service development responsibilities
• Strong understanding of REST & SOAP Services.
• Strong Understanding of Datapower MPG, WS and XMLFW.
• Strong Understanding of Datapower Crypto Objects.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Basic understating of LDAP, AD, PING, SysLog, Jenkins, XML Spy, SOAPUI.
• Ability to manage their own project tasks
• Highly Self-Driven and Self-Motivated
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task work assignments, on two or more projects
• Builds integration solutions in accordance with strategies, and standards.
• Resolves defects and facilitate troubleshooting of integration issues.
• Advises ways to expand usage of IS standard tools on projects and other initiatives.
• Drafts and updates policies and best practices.
• Perform continuous improvement of efficiency, productivity, and usage.
• Implement methods to capture system SLA, logs and data quality metrics
- Implement security patterns included in the design.
Job Description Leads in the development of the most complex new and emerging technologies and selects appropriate platforms, integrates and configures solutions. Leverages technical knowledge and industry experience to design, build and maintain technology solutions. Develops software components and hardware for new and emerging technology projects; aligns these with business strategies and objectives. Consults junior staff regarding complex issues and best practices. Provides a systematic analysis on the most complex client requirements within the traceability framework and resolves any functional problems encountered. Oversees the quality of complex project deliverables while ensuring that they are in compliance with relevant standards and processes.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be: Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions. Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Application Delivery Process – Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.Consulting – Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Effectiveness Measurement – Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.Emerging Technologies – Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.IT Industry: Trends & Directions – Knowledge of and ability to analyze marketplace experiences, developments and trends related to the function of Information Technology (IT).IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.Planning: Tactical, Strategic – Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Loading some great jobs for you...