Payroll Tax Specialist
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Payroll Tax Specialist reports to the Payroll Tax Manager. This position is responsible for processing and reviewing payroll taxes for our clients across the country.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Maintain a high level of expert knowledge of federal, state and local statues, regulations and best practices relating to payroll taxes
- Responsible for accurately and timely filling of federal, state and local tax liabilities
- Responsible for accurately and timely filling of amended federal, state and local tax liabilities
- Review and monitor payroll records to confirm tax transactions are recorded accurately
- Audit new client set-up to confirm taxes and other items are setup correctly
- Generate, audit and correct w-2's as required
- Positively contribute to client retention by providing positive, clear and effective customer service communication via phone, email and/or fax
- Teamwork and high level of interaction requiring regular and predictable on-site attendance
- Face-to-face interaction and coordination of work with other employees
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years of experience processing and reconciling payroll taxes across multiple states and locals.
- Possess the knowledge to process and reconcile payroll taxes in multiple jurisdictions, and to learn federal, state and local statues, regulations and best practices related to payroll taxes
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment with a high level of accuracy
- Work well independently and within a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and could learn and master other software applications as needed
- Preferred experience in MasterTax and Foundation Software
Working at Payroll4Construction.com
What's great about working for Payroll4construction.com? Plenty! We have a fun, casual and hard-working culture that invests in our employees, promotes creativity and delivers on our reputation. Our campus features a top-notch workout facility, free fitness classes and personal training; a game room complete with table tennis, foosball and video game systems; a full kitchen; and free coffee, juices, soft drinks and snacks. Other employee perks include tickets to Cleveland sporting events, wellness incentives, free membership to our local rec center and various employee-appreciation events throughout the year. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, ST and LT disability, generous paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) with match, and tuition reimbursement.
Payroll4Construction.com is a 14-time winner of NorthCoast 99 award, a multi-year winner ofThe Plain Dealer's 'Top Workplaces,' and a 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 member of the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
Loading some great jobs for you...