Accountemps is looking for a Staff Accountant to fill a position at a fantastic company! The company offering this terrific short-term temporary-to-full-time opportunity is based in the Avon, Ohio region and provides rewards for hard work. In this role, the Staff Accountant holds responsibility for preparing monthly and year-end closings, fixed asset maintenance, journal entries, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. A very involved position, this role produces Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. You'll also have responsibility over various aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You'll also communicate with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, take part in compliance, and look over schedules for the reporting processes.
What you get to do every single day
- Partake in annual closing processes
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as needed
- Oversee the creation of monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for reporting to management
- Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
- Be responsible for account reconciliations including prepaid expenses, payroll, and other assignments
- Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Offer descriptions of a large number of financial data and communicate insights in a useful and understandable manner
- Carry out month end close, journal entries, without supervision
- Be a part of various department-wide initiatives
If you are interested please email Brittany Brown at Brittany.Brown@accountemps.com
- Expertise in Accounts Payable (AP)
- Solid understanding of general ledger
- QuickBooks experience preferred
- Proficiency in Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- 1+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Proven analytical skills - defining problems, collecting relevant data, drawing valid conclusions, and recommending improvement/corrective actions
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- High attention to detail
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/accountemps to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...